Petillon Hiraide LLP helps entrepreneurs, investment professionals and shareholders navigate the complexities of state and federal securities laws. Read Profile
"Representing Start-Up Companies,"
by Lee R. Petillon and Robert Joe Hull, and Mark Hiraide (published in 1992; updated annually)
Summary of Contents
- Chapter 1. Role of the Lawyer
- Chapter 2. Formation of the Venture
- Chapter 3. Agreements between the Founders
- Chapter 4. Methods of Initial Financing
- Chapter 5. Sources of Initial Financing
- Chapter 6. Securities Law Considerations
- Chapter 7. Negotiating the Initial Financing
- Chapter 8. Compensation and Stock Incentives for Key Employees
- Chapter 9. Initial Operating Problems
- Chapter 10. Second round Financing
- Chapter 11. Initial Public Offering
- Chapter 12. Operating Public Companies
- Chapter 13. Planning for Liquidity of the Founders' Stock
- Chapter 14. Special Problems in Sales or Mergers of the Company.
- Plus 102 Appendices, at the end of each chapter (sample agreements, checklists, directories, etc.)
- Table of Laws and rules
- Table of Cases
"Alternatives to Conventional IPO's"
The Business Law Update, Winter 2008 [click here]
"The Entrepreneurial End Game: Alternative Exit Strategies"
Action Items Newsletter, October 2008 [click here]
"Capital Gains, Small Companies Stand to Gain from the
Newly Streamlined SEC Rules in Public Offerings"
Los Angeles Lawyer, July-August 2008 Issue [click here]
"Private Offerings Using Non-Registered Broker/Dealers"
The Business Law Update, Spring 2005 [click here]